Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Moon and Me

Escaping from the traffic buzz
I yearningly look at the sky, blue moon
You reflect my loneliness
And your stars my countless sorrows

Beloved, I am here, no more lonely days
I shower on you my hard earned light
To dissolve the darkness that made us close
Let the cool breeze dissolve our woes

Oh no my dear, you wax and wane
I can no longer stand your instability
Your endless friends make you forget me
For a blessed day, I have to wait every fortnight

Worried and confused I spend every fortnight
I cry for you every night, wish you would feel my love
The stars you see are not my friends count
But the lamps I offered to God whenever I missed you

Seeing the lamps you offered I spend my lonely nights
Sojourn for my sorrow, they warm me and dry my tears
Thankyou for these million memories, I see daily
My refreshing elixir gifted by you, I sense them now

The soul rejoices dreaming unheard future- Shalini Samuel

No comments: